Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I Am a Potted Flower

We become the places we have visited and the people we have met. I have realized in the past couple of years that my travels around Central and South America have dramatically transformed who I am, and the way I interpret the world around me. I have been a thousand times blessed for having had the opportunity to travel and learn.

I feel at times misunderstood. Traveling connects you with marvelous worlds, but at the same time disconnects you with those who you love the most. I know from experience, having lived away from home for four years, and studying and working in other countries, that jumping from place to place can be harsh on you and those who care about you. Although relationships grow with time, they also have to be constantly nourished.

I have bought a potted plant and put it on my window. (Metaphorically of course!) I agree on watering it every once in a while. I need for you to be the sun that will help it grow! I will consider your comments on this blog rays of light which will help me grow during my upcoming travels.

Picture credit: Luke's Pencil Art

3 comments:

Rafael Romeu said...

You can count with a little bit of my sunshine. Pa Chiro

Isabel said...

muy bonito... ya me subscribi a tu blog asi que lo estare leyendo cada vez q escribas!

Anonymous said...

got it ;)